Writing an article is a great way to contribute to our cause, share your voice to a greater audience, and get some exposure for your cattery!
Here’s how to submit an article to be featured on The Bengal Connection:
- Decide your Topic: Have an idea of what you’d like to write about? Use the “Topic Request” form below to get started. We will get in touch with you to confirm that it’s an article we’d love to have on the website.
- Write your Article: Once approved, you can write your article.
- Submit your Article: Submit your article via the form below. If you are a new author, please include details about your cattery.
- Wait for the Review: In order to ensure quality, consistency, and alignment with our website goals, we will oversee the editing of every article submitted. We will not take your voice away, but we may make significant adjustments for web readability. The review process could take 1-2 weeks.
- Give your approval: Once our review is complete, we will send you the final article. You’ll have 3 days to approve it before we post it.
- Done! Once posted, we recommend featuring your new article on your social channels… and of course, start thinking about what you’d like to write next!
Why should I write articles for this versus my own blog?
We encourage you to do both, so long as the content is not exactly duplicated. With a single website for buyers, they can gain knowledge from several great breeders in one place. Pooling our resources will also drive this website as the authoritative source for the topic of Bengal cats. By coming together, we can achieve so much more than trying to do small amounts on our own!
Can I submit articles I’ve already written for my own blog?
If you have your own blog, you can use articles you’ve already written to make new articles for The Bengal Connection. It’s important that you don’t copy an existing article exactly, however, you can create similar versions to make contribution easy!
What do you look for in an article?
We will be checking to make sure the article is written thoughtfully and benefits the person looking for a Bengal kitten. When an article contains your opinion, this must be clarified. When applicable, sources should be cited. As much as you’re able, provide quality photos that complement your article.
How will someone know that I wrote the article?
The author will be published at the top of the article. At the bottom of the article, there will be a box featuring author details, including a paragraph about your cattery and a link to your website.
Topic Request Form
Our priority topics currently include:
- The Safe Room
- Going Home Age
- Adopting one or two
- Bengals and Kids
- How to play